cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Available Licenses During Checkout

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

What metric does App Broker use to calculate the available license with the FNMS integration? Specifically im looking at Concurrent License Types. By default FNMS lists concurrent user license compliance as "Not tracked". On the App Broker side at checkout for these applications we are seeing "License not available" even though it is a concurrent user license type. 

If we manually set the "Compliance status" in FNMS for this application to "Compliant" will App Broker show the license as available?

(1) Solution

Concurrent licenses are not well-suited for use with App Broker license checks.  When we check for a license, FNMS will compute number of purchased entitlements minus number of consumptions minus number of reservations and will respond with available/not available based on positive or negative/zero counts.  So in the scenario you describe, FNMS/App Broker would report that a purchase is required because you have more users/devices consuming than you have entitlements.  Changing FNMS to show compliant would not change this (I actually saw this in action earlier today).  The better way to handle this would be to not perform a license check and simply use an approval process to determine if you want the user to have the software or not.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

Concurrent licenses are not well-suited for use with App Broker license checks.  When we check for a license, FNMS will compute number of purchased entitlements minus number of consumptions minus number of reservations and will respond with available/not available based on positive or negative/zero counts.  So in the scenario you describe, FNMS/App Broker would report that a purchase is required because you have more users/devices consuming than you have entitlements.  Changing FNMS to show compliant would not change this (I actually saw this in action earlier today).  The better way to handle this would be to not perform a license check and simply use an approval process to determine if you want the user to have the software or not.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".