cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CountESDLicense Execution Timeout Expired

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

We are seeing the CountESDLicense task fail periodically due to timeouts. Is there a place to increase this timeout length so the error doesn't keep recurring?

(4) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

No, there is no way to extend the timeout for the SQLcommand being run.. It appears to be using the default of 30 seconds.. The queries involved here are not overly complex, so I'm a bit surprised that you would be getting timeouts.. I "believe" based on what I'm seeing in the screen capture, that the following query is being run at the time of the timeout;

SELECT (COUNT(DISTINCT Name)) FROM _RES_COLL_<LicensedIncludecollection> Where ArchitectureKey = 5 AND IsActive = 1

Where "<LicensedIncludecollection>" is the collectionID of the collection that you have specified for the Licensed collection setting found under settings->website. 

The only other query we are running in this area of the code is as follows:

SELECT (COUNT(DISTINCT Name)) FROM v_FullCollectionMembership Where ResourceType = 5 AND IsActive = 1

Charles,

We don't have any collections specified. Could that be the issue?
No, that would not be an issue.. It looks like only the second query is called if you do not have a licensed collection.. Namely:
SELECT (COUNT(DISTINCT Name)) FROM v_FullCollectionMembership Where ResourceType = 5 AND IsActive = 1

Is this happening randomly throughout the day, or at specific times? Perhaps something is running against the SCCM DB, which is slowing it down enough to cause the 30 second timeout to trigger?

It's random and its not everyday. If it isnt concerning then we won't worry about it. We are trying to clean up the error log as much as possible.

Top Kudoed Authors