cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog item that will add a user to security group

I need to create a catalog item that once it is approved by their manager will add the user to a security group.

I am very new to Flexera ESD (2017r2), so maybe I am not using the correct word to search for but I cant find any documents that outlines the process. 

Can anyone point me to the correct documents for this?

(1) Solution
  1. First, you'll want to create a new general catalog item (assuming that the only thing you want to do is add a user to an AD group and not install software).  There are multiple ways to create a general catalog item, but you should always use the Create New Catalog Item Wizard to create all catalog items...
  2. Next, you'll need to define your approval workflow and attach your workflow to the catalog item you created... 
  3. Finally, you'll configure the AD group action on the catalog item...
Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
  1. First, you'll want to create a new general catalog item (assuming that the only thing you want to do is add a user to an AD group and not install software).  There are multiple ways to create a general catalog item, but you should always use the Create New Catalog Item Wizard to create all catalog items...
  2. Next, you'll need to define your approval workflow and attach your workflow to the catalog item you created... 
  3. Finally, you'll configure the AD group action on the catalog item...
Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Thank you Jdempsey, this is what I was looking for.