cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Item Permissions

Set the Permissions tab to a user expecting that user to be able to see all request for that Catalog Item in the My Request tab. The show all request search switch is not available and/or should it be? 

Please give an explanation how this is suppose to work. Is the user once set up in the Catalog Permissions tab able to view all request for that Catalog Item in their My Request Tab? If so are there any other settings or switches associated to this function I'm missing?

In attached the permission is set for Catalog Item Foxit PhantomPDF and XTTHOR10 My Request tab

(1) Solution

I should add that if your intent is to allow someone to see a list of all requests for a specific catalog item, you could achieve that with a custom report and delegate view permissions for that report to the users you want to have access; or you could give that user the (View) Manage All Requests permission and they could use the search function on the My Requests tab to search by Request Name.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
the "show all requests" checkbox should be displayed if you have full site management permissions (delete permissions under admin security->site management), or if you have "manage all requests" permissions under catalog security. Note: once you change your permissions, be sure to restart your browser, as they are cached in the session.

Okay that gets the user to seeing all request.

What is the Catalog item tab Permissions settings used for?

The Permissions tab in the catalog item properties allows you to delegate different Catalog Management permissions for that one catalog item to users/groups that don't otherwise have Catalog Management permissions under Admin Security.  It's simply a more granular level of management permissions that has no bearing on visibility within Browse Catalog or My Requests.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

I should add that if your intent is to allow someone to see a list of all requests for a specific catalog item, you could achieve that with a custom report and delegate view permissions for that report to the users you want to have access; or you could give that user the (View) Manage All Requests permission and they could use the search function on the My Requests tab to search by Request Name.