cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browse Catalog - Category Text Color

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

On the Browse Catalog page the menu for catalog item categories shows black text color when there are sub-categories and grey text when there are no sub-categories. This is confusing our users because traditionally grey text denotes disabled buttons. I looked through the various options under corporate branding and I didnt see an option for altering font color. Is this something that is customizable? I imagine I may just be missing it.

(1) Solution

Please don't modify site.less (or any of our other built-in style sheets).  Changes to that file may not survive upgrades.  We do have a mechanism to support more advanced style changes than what is surfaced in the admin UI, but there are separate "custom" style sheets you should modify instead.  I've just been through some extensive custom styling with a couple customers recently, so I'm intimately familiar with what can be done.  When looking to modify styles, if the style is contained in wdcss.less, you should modify wdcssCustom.less (copy/paste styles as needed from wdcss.less and update them in the Custom file).  If the style is contained in any other .less file in the Content folder, make your modifications in custom.less (in that same folder).  There are also some styles that are managed in the \Web\App_Themes\Flexera folder.  For those styles, modify the Custom.Flexera.less file located in that folder.  If you are having trouble finding or modifying something, post a screenshot with the specific element highlighted and a brief description of what you are trying to do.  I should be able to point you in the right direction.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I've been burred, so I've not had a chance to try this in a recent version... In earlier versions (2016) you could manually make the color changes to the site.less file located under the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\App Portal\Web\Content" folder.

The color for the categories with no sub categories can be changed by modifying the following color line:

.empty a:link,
.empty a:visited,
.empty a:active,
.empty a:hover{
color:#707070;
}

The color for the categories with sub categories can be changed by modifying the following color line:
.left-navbar a:link,
.left-navbar a:visited,
.left-navbar a:active,
.left-navbar a:hover {
color: #000;

I would suggest making a backup copy of the site.less file outside the App Portal installation folder and after the change do an IISRESET and clean the browser cache for testing purposes.

Let me know your results!

Thanks @CharlesW I'll let you know.

Please don't modify site.less (or any of our other built-in style sheets).  Changes to that file may not survive upgrades.  We do have a mechanism to support more advanced style changes than what is surfaced in the admin UI, but there are separate "custom" style sheets you should modify instead.  I've just been through some extensive custom styling with a couple customers recently, so I'm intimately familiar with what can be done.  When looking to modify styles, if the style is contained in wdcss.less, you should modify wdcssCustom.less (copy/paste styles as needed from wdcss.less and update them in the Custom file).  If the style is contained in any other .less file in the Content folder, make your modifications in custom.less (in that same folder).  There are also some styles that are managed in the \Web\App_Themes\Flexera folder.  For those styles, modify the Custom.Flexera.less file located in that folder.  If you are having trouble finding or modifying something, post a screenshot with the specific element highlighted and a brief description of what you are trying to do.  I should be able to point you in the right direction.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Just wanted to see if you were paying attention 🙂 You are right of course, I had forgotten in my haste.. 

Thanks guys. Added the styles above to the custom.less file and was able to change the font color.