cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval email variables are not translated on custom notifications

We have general catalog items that we have set up custom notifications for and have noticed that on these items when the Request for Approval email is sent to the approver, two of the variables do not get translated.  This happens intermittently on these emails for the same catalog items.

The emails do translate the ##ViewRequest## and  ##RejectRequest## variables correctly, but the ##ApproveRequest## and ##AutoApproveRequest## end up blank when the user receives the email.

We use the following in the emails - which does work properly if the global notification is used.

To view this request, ##ViewRequest##​
To approve this request, ##ApproveRequest##
To automatically approve this request, ##AutoApproveRequest##
To reject this request, ##RejectRequest##

When the custom notification is sent, the approver receives the following:
To view this request, View

To approve this request,

To automatically approve this request,

To reject this request, Reject
(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I took a quick look at the code, and it appears that the ##ApproveRequest## and ##AutoApproveRequest## variables will resolve to an empty string (resulting in the behavior you describe), if the request has pending (unanswered) question. Can you check to see if there are any pending questions for those requests where the issue has occurred? 

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I took a quick look at the code, and it appears that the ##ApproveRequest## and ##AutoApproveRequest## variables will resolve to an empty string (resulting in the behavior you describe), if the request has pending (unanswered) question. Can you check to see if there are any pending questions for those requests where the issue has occurred? 

Thanks for the quick response Charles.  I do see the approver has unanswered questions on the ones not translating even though those questions are set up as not required from the approver.

I'll have to remove the variables on the items that have approver questions so they don't get confused when they receive the email.

Teri, I think you had been working with flexible approvals at one point.  Did you ever get that working?  Would that address (avoid) this issue?

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

I have a ticket open with support on the flexible approvals and am waiting for fixes. We use alot of approver templates and multi-level approvals, some have required questions and others do not.  The flexible approval may help with the approver templates where there are no required questions:)