cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Portal trigger additional workflow based on previous approval question answer

App Portal 2017 R2. 

We want to trigger a new workflow based on the questions answered from the previous approver. 

Example:  Once the item is submitted, we want it to go to an approver.   This approver will review it and then complete a few more additional questions.

If the approver marks "Yes" to one of the additional question, we want it to move the the next approver otherwise have it just continue on as if it's been fully approved. 

Where do you set this up?   Can you build this all in one workflow?  or is two workflows required at the catalog level?

(1) Solution

@ChrisTittiger 

My sincerest apologies.  I don't know how this question went unanswered, but I still wanted to get you a response in case you haven't figured it out by now (or in case anyone else has a similar question).  You can absolutely do this in a single workflow using question conditions.

Setting Additional Workflow Step Properties

Question Condition Tab

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

@ChrisTittiger 

My sincerest apologies.  I don't know how this question went unanswered, but I still wanted to get you a response in case you haven't figured it out by now (or in case anyone else has a similar question).  You can absolutely do this in a single workflow using question conditions.

Setting Additional Workflow Step Properties

Question Condition Tab

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".