cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Portal on premise integrate with FlexeaOne (IT Asset Management)

Big_Kev
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

Hello App Portal expert

With the most recent shining Cloud suite FlexeraOne getting more mature, more and more small/medium size of FlexNet Manager Suite On Premise accounts are thinking moving their on premise setup to FlexeraOne to be a Saas Solution.

However, some of the account have previously setup as FNMS On-Prem & App Portal On-Prem in order to have 'my app' feature and license availability check features. 

Could someone confirm if those account move the FNMS to FlexeraOne IT asset Management as cloud, will their App Portal On premise can still "seamless" integrate with F1 IT Asset Manage model ?   

Thank you if someone can confirm that or more appreciations if can share some future road map of those area (Does Flexera also have 'service/capability' moving an App Portal On Premise setup to FlexeraOne IT Asset Request (cloud app portal) now/already? )

Best Regards

Kevin   

(2) Solutions

Hi Kevin,

All the following App Portal On-Prem features will work with both FNMS On-Prem and Flexera One ITAM - License reservation, Advanced License Check, MyApps, Reclamation Savings Dashboard, Smart Uninstall.

The only options that are not avilable are a couple of buttons used when searching for a Flexera Id - "Add Discovered Flexera IDs" and "Add Flexera ID From Licenses". However, there is another button "Search Flexera ID", which can be used to search an application.

Regards,
Sunil

View solution in original post

The configuration is a little bit different for Flexera One than for on-prem FNMS, but as Sunil states, most integration functionality still works the same.  Please note that Flexera has a Services offering to migrate customers' FNMS on-prem instances to Flexera One without losing their existing data, so this can save a ton of time over having to recreate contracts, purchases, licenses, etc. in Flexera One and rebuild license positions.  As part of that migration, we would also reconfigure the App Broker settings to ensure the license compliance features continue to work against Flexera One.  We do not currently have a migration path from App Broker on-premises to Flexera One IT Asset Request and Reclamation; however, there are APIs available to create catalog items in IT Asset Request, so you could write a script to read your catalog data from App Broker on-prem and create matching catalog items in IT Asset Request.  We will continually re-evaluate the need and practicality of building a migration solution as the feature set of IT Asset Request and Reclamation evolves.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Hi Kevin,

All the following App Portal On-Prem features will work with both FNMS On-Prem and Flexera One ITAM - License reservation, Advanced License Check, MyApps, Reclamation Savings Dashboard, Smart Uninstall.

The only options that are not avilable are a couple of buttons used when searching for a Flexera Id - "Add Discovered Flexera IDs" and "Add Flexera ID From Licenses". However, there is another button "Search Flexera ID", which can be used to search an application.

Regards,
Sunil

The configuration is a little bit different for Flexera One than for on-prem FNMS, but as Sunil states, most integration functionality still works the same.  Please note that Flexera has a Services offering to migrate customers' FNMS on-prem instances to Flexera One without losing their existing data, so this can save a ton of time over having to recreate contracts, purchases, licenses, etc. in Flexera One and rebuild license positions.  As part of that migration, we would also reconfigure the App Broker settings to ensure the license compliance features continue to work against Flexera One.  We do not currently have a migration path from App Broker on-premises to Flexera One IT Asset Request and Reclamation; however, there are APIs available to create catalog items in IT Asset Request, so you could write a script to read your catalog data from App Broker on-prem and create matching catalog items in IT Asset Request.  We will continually re-evaluate the need and practicality of building a migration solution as the feature set of IT Asset Request and Reclamation evolves.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".