cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Portal and SCCM collections

Is there a way to prevent App Portal from just adding a target to an SCCM collection if it's already in the collection? (eg the user is impatient and the deployment hasn't finished but the user submits another request) 

(2) Solutions

I wouldn't think that would technically be an issue.  Even if you have more than one direct membership rule for the same client (not sure SCCM even allows that), it wouldn't add the client to the collection more than once.  In any case, you could enable the option in App Portal to block identical requests within a certain time period.

https://docs.flexera.com/appportal2019r1/default.htm#helplibrary/APR_Settings_Website_CatBeh.htm

Catalog item reorder waiting period (in days)

Block catalog item reorder during waiting period

In the Catalog item reorder waiting period (in days) field, enter the number of days a requester must wait before submitting a second request for the same catalog item. By default, this value is 7 days.

If a requester attempts to submit a second request for the same catalog item within the specified time frame, one of the following will occur, depending upon whether or not the Block catalog item reorder during waiting period option is also selected:

Selected—The requester will be unable to submit the request.
  Not selected—The requester will be permitted to submit the request, but a warning message will be displayed during checkout.
Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

If I'm not mistaken, it's based on software title and targeted device.  So, if you request it for one device today and a different device tomorrow (or your case of a manager requesting for multiple different machines), that's not an issue.  Having said that, I always recommend (and have only configured) using computer-targeted deployments.  If you were to configure a catalog item as a user-based target, I'm not sure if the check would be based on user or if it's always based on device.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
To add a little information - we're using App Portal 2019 R1

I wouldn't think that would technically be an issue.  Even if you have more than one direct membership rule for the same client (not sure SCCM even allows that), it wouldn't add the client to the collection more than once.  In any case, you could enable the option in App Portal to block identical requests within a certain time period.

https://docs.flexera.com/appportal2019r1/default.htm#helplibrary/APR_Settings_Website_CatBeh.htm

Catalog item reorder waiting period (in days)

Block catalog item reorder during waiting period

In the Catalog item reorder waiting period (in days) field, enter the number of days a requester must wait before submitting a second request for the same catalog item. By default, this value is 7 days.

If a requester attempts to submit a second request for the same catalog item within the specified time frame, one of the following will occur, depending upon whether or not the Block catalog item reorder during waiting period option is also selected:

Selected—The requester will be unable to submit the request.
  Not selected—The requester will be permitted to submit the request, but a warning message will be displayed during checkout.
Does that look at just the user, or does that also look at the target? (say - a manager requesting the same software for multiple users in the department)

If I'm not mistaken, it's based on software title and targeted device.  So, if you request it for one device today and a different device tomorrow (or your case of a manager requesting for multiple different machines), that's not an issue.  Having said that, I always recommend (and have only configured) using computer-targeted deployments.  If you were to configure a catalog item as a user-based target, I'm not sure if the check would be based on user or if it's always based on device.

The installations are definitely computer targeted, not user, I just wanted to ensure it wasn't going to block a Requester from requesting the same software for different target machines.