cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Portal Query

Hi Team,

We have got a few queries from the customer, could you please help us address them?

1. Can an automated offboarding process be managed by App Portal so that license entitlements for an employee can be removed and reclaimed into the pool for redistribution?

2. Can this be performed for both SaaS and installed applications?

3. Is the offboarding process at an uninstall level for individual applications or at the employee level?

Thanks.

(3) Solutions

@TMGSLM 

1. I would recommend to consider the off-boarding process to be a business process driven by HR and the workflow engine used by the HR system. This workflow may then utilize App Portal's API's to facilitate relevant reclamation of entitlements/subscriptions while keeping in mind that this may involve a number of automated application uninstallation tasks executed by various deployment technologies against end-user devices.
  2. I would say 'it depends' to this... Which SaaS subscriptions would be in scope and how would disabling/deletion of users' accounts be facilitated (through direct vendor portal integration, through revoking directory (which?) group membership, etc.), and which (business relevant) data may get deleted by disabling/deleting accounts, etc? (Many questions to be considered (IMO)...)
  3. That's another good question to take into consideration, i.e. is the entitlement associated with the user or with the user's device(s), and even if it's associated with the user would uninstallation of the governed applications from the user's device(s) be tasks to be automated?

Just some thoughts off the top to consider...

Thanks,

View solution in original post

@TMGSLM 

That's correct, but by default the user - device relationships are being imported from the deployment technologies, e.g. SCCM, so you will have to configure this specifically to use FNMS instead if that's required. Please refer to documentation and other community threads in this channel where this topic has been discussed previously.

Thanks,

@TMGSLM 

Please refer to ConfigMgr Tab and then these community threads and KB articles all provide some hints from the SME's (and obviously you'll see other potential threads from these links):

Thanks,

(5) Replies

@TMGSLM 

1. I would recommend to consider the off-boarding process to be a business process driven by HR and the workflow engine used by the HR system. This workflow may then utilize App Portal's API's to facilitate relevant reclamation of entitlements/subscriptions while keeping in mind that this may involve a number of automated application uninstallation tasks executed by various deployment technologies against end-user devices.
  2. I would say 'it depends' to this... Which SaaS subscriptions would be in scope and how would disabling/deletion of users' accounts be facilitated (through direct vendor portal integration, through revoking directory (which?) group membership, etc.), and which (business relevant) data may get deleted by disabling/deleting accounts, etc? (Many questions to be considered (IMO)...)
  3. That's another good question to take into consideration, i.e. is the entitlement associated with the user or with the user's device(s), and even if it's associated with the user would uninstallation of the governed applications from the user's device(s) be tasks to be automated?

Just some thoughts off the top to consider...

Thanks,

On the last point, If we connect FNMS to App Portal; we may find a relation of user's to their devices and can run the uninstallation process on all the devices. Please suggest. 

@TMGSLM 

That's correct, but by default the user - device relationships are being imported from the deployment technologies, e.g. SCCM, so you will have to configure this specifically to use FNMS instead if that's required. Please refer to documentation and other community threads in this channel where this topic has been discussed previously.

Thanks,

If you could take me to the same documentation/post (unfortunately, I couldn't find one), that would be of great help.

@TMGSLM 

Please refer to ConfigMgr Tab and then these community threads and KB articles all provide some hints from the SME's (and obviously you'll see other potential threads from these links):

Thanks,