cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Portal Link does not work from PowerPoint Presentation

We have an odd issue.  We want to embed the App Portal Link in a PowerPoint presentation.  For some reason it does not open properly.  We don't see the ribbon bar or categories.  It works fine from Outlook or Word.  

We have tried different browsers (IE, Edge, Chromium, Chrome and Firefox).  We have tried a FQDN URL, shortname, IP Address etc.  We have tried clearing the browser cache.  

The other odd thing is we have been able to get it to work a couple times but then can never get it to work again.

We evaluated what is running when it works and when it doesn't work.  It appears the difference is a Javascript File that starts with kendo. 

Has anyone had a similar issue?

(1) Reply

That is an odd issue.  I've not really ever had a need to embed a link to App Portal within a PowerPoint slide, but I tried it just now and was not able to reproduce the issue you describe.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".