cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Portal / Broker Approval API

I know there is an API available to approve or reject a request, but is there an API that will allow a specific "step" with in the workflow to be approved (without the entire workflow to be approved)?   Allowing the request to move forward to the next approval step level.

(1) Solution

We have two different API's for this.

1. SOAP - part of the legacy API (/esd/api.asmx).  This one does not expose the "override" flag as a parameter, so I believe the behavior is that it will always approve the full request and override/skip any other approvals that may be left in the workflow.
  2. REST - only available if you have an App Broker license file (https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/appportal2019r1/default.htm#helplibrary/ABAPI_Approvals_Reject.htm).  This one does include an "overrideApprover" parameter within the JSON body.  For this one, if you specify "true" for the override, then it exhibits the same behavior as the SOAP call.  If you specify "false" for the override, then it will only approve the current step (and only if the user specified in the call is the current approver for the request).
Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

We have two different API's for this.

1. SOAP - part of the legacy API (/esd/api.asmx).  This one does not expose the "override" flag as a parameter, so I believe the behavior is that it will always approve the full request and override/skip any other approvals that may be left in the workflow.
  2. REST - only available if you have an App Broker license file (https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/appportal2019r1/default.htm#helplibrary/ABAPI_Approvals_Reject.htm).  This one does include an "overrideApprover" parameter within the JSON body.  For this one, if you specify "true" for the override, then it exhibits the same behavior as the SOAP call.  If you specify "false" for the override, then it will only approve the current step (and only if the user specified in the call is the current approver for the request).
Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".