cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Portal/App Broker with ServiceNow Sends Request Complete Message Prematurely

A customer using App Broker with ServiceNow is testing the end user software request process and in doing so has found that in the production environment the end user will receive a message saying that the software request is complete only about 5 minutes after submitting the request and before the software has actually been installed. They are concerned this could be very confusing to end users. This issue was not present when testing in the UAT environment and the only known difference between UAT and Production is that one is using http and the other is using https. 

Has anyone run across a problem like this before? They are concerned that this could affect their ability to go live with the product next Thursday and consider this a critical issue. 

(1) Solution

For anyone interested in the outcome of this, it turned out to be a custom action that had been added to the On Submit event that was sending the wrong value to ServiceNow.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

We would need to see logs from both App Broker and ServiceNow to understand what's going on.  Please open a support case and attach workflow results and logs from ServiceNow, as well as server logs and request logs from App Broker.  Can you confirm that the request is actually getting to App Broker (i.e. do you see the request in My Requests in App Broker)?  Is the message that the user is receiving an email message or something else?  If email, is it coming from ServiceNow or App Broker?  Could it be that the ServiceNow request workflow is exiting due to a validation error and sending a "closed incomplete" email notification?

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

For anyone interested in the outcome of this, it turned out to be a custom action that had been added to the On Submit event that was sending the wrong value to ServiceNow.