cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Broker Versions Eligible for Upgrade

Could someone fill me in on if there are any versions of App Broker that would be too old to upgrade to 2020 R1, where you would need a net new instance instead of an upgrade? 

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

The release notes state that you can upgrade from App Portal 2014 and later...  I've not heard reports of upgrading from that early of a release to 2020R1, but it is supported... I'm sure if you run into any issues, we'll be able to help, regardless of the version you are upgrading from :). 

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

The release notes state that you can upgrade from App Portal 2014 and later...  I've not heard reports of upgrading from that early of a release to 2020R1, but it is supported... I'm sure if you run into any issues, we'll be able to help, regardless of the version you are upgrading from :). 

As always, take a full database backup and a backup of the App Portal installation folder on your web server prior to any upgrades.  That way, you'll always be able to roll back to the previous state (and potentially try again).

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".