cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Broker Cloud Active Directory

A customer that will be implementing App Broker Cloud wants details on how Active Directory information will be used by the tool. I don't see anything AD related in the Release Notes - does App Broker Cloud connect to AD?

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

As it stand now, App Broker cloud does not integrate with AD.. It will connect to Connect to Config Mgr though the “Proxy App", but that's about it. User and computer data is coming in from SCCM.  At some point I’m sure that it will need to connect to AD in order to check group membership, add users to groups, etc. but it is not do so yet. Id expect that this type of functionality would be added to the Proxy. 

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

As it stand now, App Broker cloud does not integrate with AD.. It will connect to Connect to Config Mgr though the “Proxy App", but that's about it. User and computer data is coming in from SCCM.  At some point I’m sure that it will need to connect to AD in order to check group membership, add users to groups, etc. but it is not do so yet. Id expect that this type of functionality would be added to the Proxy. 

To add to what Charles stated, App Broker Cloud uses Flexera Identity & Access Management (IAM) to authenticate users and authorize them within the catalog.  IAM can be integrated with your own identity provider to provide single sign-on if desired.

(Note: not sure if your question was about authentication or user discovery)

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".
Just to follow up here a little - does this mean that currently there is no way to deploy software to specific groups of people in App Portal Cloud? A customer is implementing this now so they really want to understand if it's limited to just deploying to single individuals, or everyone in the organization, or if they can push to groups in a way other than directly integrating with AD.

App Broker Cloud does not currently have a Request on Behalf functionality.  It is limited to self-service software requests for a single user.  Even App Broker on-premises is not really designed for bulk deployments to large numbers of users.  While you can do that to some extent in the on-prem product, it is not recommended for more than 20 or so users at a time and was definitely not designed for that purpose.  If you are looking to do a large deployment to an entire department or business unit, for example, you should have your SCCM admin do that directly in the SCCM console.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".