cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API Parameters for ServiceNow

Could someone please let me know what the required parameters and responses are for the api that is attached in the screenshot?

(2) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

This does not look to be documented, but if I look at the REST API for "App Portal - Submit Order",  as defined in service now, I see the following listed as the endpoint:

API.png

Essentially, this is used to submit a new request/order in App Broker.. The parameters are the serviceNow request ID, machine domain, user name and machine name. 

The following is the only documentation I could find on the API/request endpoint: Requests API Endpoints

Yes, our documentation around our REST API's could definitely be better, especially for this one, since we have two different "flavors" of it (one for use from ServiceNow or another 3rd party front-end and one you can use if using the App Portal UI but just trying to automate a specific task that involved submitting a request).  As Charlie pointed out, you'll find the details of this particular API endpoint within ServiceNow.  You can find the same information in our documentation here.  I'm not sure why it isn't included with the other endpoints in the REST API Reference section of the documentation.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".