cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiseScript Editor requires Local Admin Rights to run?

Good morning,

Our internal company policy is to remove all local admin rights for all staff. We are having an issue where, on Windows 10, WiseScript will not run without local admin rights granted to the user.

We need to understand why that is and if there are any workaround that would allow us to use the software without having to grant these rights to the user.

Thank you,

(1) Solution

AdminStudio and all of its tools programmatically elevate permissions so I'm afraid I cannot offer a work-around. As these tools are typically run by administrators on specific systems it has not come up as an issue before. I am looking into what tools in the suite do not really require local admin so we can relax the minimum requirements where possible in the future. 

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
bkelly
By
Flexera Alumni
I'm looking into this. While I do, please confirm if you are referring to the Wise Script Editor, or an EXE you built with Wise Script Editor? If the editor itself, how are you launching it?
Good morning! Yes I am talking specifically about WiseScript Editor. Not anything that was built with it. We are launching it from a desktop shortcut (Default shortcut that is created during the installation of the software). Thank you,

AdminStudio and all of its tools programmatically elevate permissions so I'm afraid I cannot offer a work-around. As these tools are typically run by administrators on specific systems it has not come up as an issue before. I am looking into what tools in the suite do not really require local admin so we can relax the minimum requirements where possible in the future.