cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS 2013 Repackager's Build button is disabled

Using AdminStudio 2013's Repackager the Build button is disabled (greyed) when attempting to build.
Tried repairing AS.
Some background: I was getting "AdminUIFramework9.dll" is missing when remotely running islc. Capture was remotely completed using repack.exe
(5) Replies
Added the path: Program Files\AdminStudio\2013\Common and Program Files(x86)\AdminStudio\2013\Common to the Repackager shortcut to get the Build button back.
Mind you, this ONLY works if opening the .ip within Repackager. Double-clicking the .irp still has a disabled Build button.

NOW...after building the project EVERYTHING is deleted and a blank project file is created (.ism). The whole capture folder is deleted. Log file indicates no errors.
Which of the AdminStudio 2013 releases are you using? (Check the digital signature on islc.exe or repack.exe). There is a July 2013 release, a September 2013 release, a November 2013 release and a February 2014 release.
Hi Evan,

It would be great if there was a better way of detecting which "build" of AdminStudio is being downloaded.
Most people can't see that from the outside since it's called AdminStudio2013.exe ( even if it is R1, R2, SP1 etc..)

request for Flexera: please make this more visible in the exe name when downloading.
and make it also clear when doing an upgrade.

Is there a list of the build numbers , and is it consistent with the other exe's ( latest is build 1053?)

Jeroen
jaybee96 wrote:
It would be great if there was a better way of detecting which "build" of AdminStudio is being downloaded.
Most people can't see that from the outside since it's called AdminStudio2013.exe ( even if it is R1, R2, SP1 etc..)

request for Flexera: please make this more visible in the exe name when downloading.
and make it also clear when doing an upgrade.

Is there a list of the build numbers , and is it consistent with the other exe's ( latest is build 1053?)

I completely agree that we should improve on documenting the different releases and their release dates\build numbers. I'm not aware of any repository of those build dates and numbers. Our product and license center does include the md5 hash, but I understand that it's unrealistic to think most people would be in position to easily use that.

We should probably prominently display the release date (or at least upload date) of the files.

Here's a short list I've compiled myself for AdminStudio 2013 build dates and build numbers:

Build Number | Build Date | Name
618 | Jul 14, 2013 | AdminStudio 2013
642 | Jul 25, 2013 | AdminStudio 2013 (refresh)
777 | Sep 26, 2013 | AdminStudio 2013 (Sep 2013, includes InstallShield 2013 SP1)
874 or 875 | Nov 22, 2013 | AdminStudio 2013 R2
1053 | Feb 13, 2014 | AdminStudio 2013 R2 SP1

Not all of the executables have this build number, but many do. You can check AdminStudio.exe, islc.exe or repack.exe and their build numbers will match.
thanks for the info!!