cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bkelly
By
Flexera Alumni

I’ve very excited to announce the general availability of AdminStudio 2021. We are doubling down on our investment in the game-changing Package Feed Module, we are further evolving our MSIX support and we are introducing more options to help integrate AdminStudio into your packaging and patching processes. This is a BIG release!

The AdminStudio Backlog

AdminStudio now features a backlog view to manage packaging requests by priority value. Match backlog items to existing packages in your catalog or to the package feed module for rapid processing (or automated processing via subscription).

To better integrate AdminStudio with your package request process, we have provided a REST API to support adding packaging requests directly to the new AdminStudio backlog.

Package Feed Module Enhancements

We’ve also added custom installation wizards for about a thousand of the Windows Installer packages in the Package Feed Module. Save time by choosing easy to understand, application specific options when importing packages from the Package Feed Module and a customization transform file will be generated accordingly. We are also now including icon files and uninstall commands for most listings.

MSIX Editor Improvements

We’ve made a few updates to the MSIX Editor, including the ability to import registry (.REG) files, some UX improvements and an option to sign packages using a certificate store (as opposed to supplying a certificate file).

MSIX App Attach Support

With our new MSIX App Attach support, you can now easily create the needed VHD (or VHDX) image files to make leveraging MSIX packages easier for those managing Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) environments.

AdminStudio REST API

A documented REST API is now provided to support integration with other solutions and processes (in addition to our existing PowerShell Cmdlet support) including the new Package Backlog feature. 

We’ve also added support for the most recent Microsoft updates including support for Windows Server 2019 and the latest released builds and updates to ConfigMan and its application model.

Click here for full release notes

(8) Comments
Ralph_Crowley
By
Level 6

Great improvements - but when will we see native integration with App Broker to further automate the package process by also creating catalog items? We currently have to leverage our own custom scripts to achieve this final step, but it would seem to be a natural evolution of the product. Also having the automated integration into FlexNet to create the local ARLs would be extremely helpful as well. 

fstewart2
By
Level 4

The ability to publish to AppBroker  and ConfigMan is there.  We can publish catalog items with custom attributes that populate data in ServiceNow via that synch for example.  Would like to see the creation of FlexNet custom ARLs though - that would be very nice!

Ralph_Crowley
By
Level 6

Yes, I'm aware the ability to publish is available - I was was referring to the option of having it part of the workflow/automation (after a package is created). 

bkelly
By
Flexera Alumni

Thanks for your suggestion @Ralph_Crowley  Would you mind submitting these two enhancement requests to our ideas portal? If I don't see them pop in there in a week or so, I'll take a stab at listing them on your behalf but it would be best to get your use case written out in your own words to best explain how it would benefit your use of AdminStudio with AppPortal. 

Ralph_Crowley
By
Level 6

I've actually previously submitted this under the Workflow Manager idea page last month:

Automate publishing via iPlugIn integration with Workflow | Ideas (aha.io)

Should I post it in both forums?

bkelly
By
Flexera Alumni

I see it. No, it is not necessary to repost. It wasn't immediately apparent to me that you were speaking about Workflow Manager but I understand now. 

paulpraveen23
By
Level 2

Great improvements

paulsharry23
By
Level 2

this is really good, article