Deactivation of AdminStudio and WiseScript Editor
If you find that it will be necessary to move your license to a new machine, the license must first be returned or deactivated from the previous machine before it can be activated on the new machine.
AdminStudio and WiseScript Editor node-locked licenses are single-machine, single-user licenses according to the End-User License Agreement (EULA). This means that they can be activated on one machine and accessed by one user.
If moving a license to a new machine is required, the license must be returned or deactivated from the machine on which it is currently activated, before attempting to activate the license on a new machine.
Please note that there is a return limit for each type of licence:
Node Locked Licence
If your licence is a node locked licence, then you are allowed to return/deactivate/transfer your licence up to a maximum of four times per year.
If your licence is a concurrent licence and you would like to return/transfer it from the current licence server to a new/another licence server, then please note that there is a return/transfer limit of 2 returns/transfers per year.
This section included steps for both online and offline activation methods of deactivation.
1) Reinstall the software on the previous machine (if it has been uninstalled).
2) From the command-line change directories to the appropriate default path:
|AdminStudio 8.5||C:\Program Files\Macrovision\AdminStudio\Common|
|AdminStudio 8.6||C:\Program Files\Macrovision\AdminStudio\Common|
|AdminStudio 9||C:\Program Files\AdminStudio\9.0\Common|
|AdminStudio 9.01||C:\Program Files\AdminStudio\9.01\Common|
|AdminStudio 9.5||C:\Program Files\AdminStudio\9.5\Common|
|AdminStudio 10||C:\Program Files\AdminStudio\10.0\Common|
|AdminStudio 11||C:\Program Files\AdminStudio\11.0\Common|
|AdminStudio 11.5||C:\Program Files\AdminStudio\11.5\Common|
|AdminStudio 2013||C:\Program Files\AdminStudio\2013\Common|
|AdminStudio 2014||C:\Program Files\AdminStudio\2014\Common|
|AdminStudio 2015||C:\Program Files\AdminStudio\2015\Common|
|AdminStudio 2016||C:\Program Files\AdminStudio\2016\Common|
|AdminStudio 2018||C:\Program Files\AdminStudio\2018\Common|
|AdminStudio 2019||C:\Program Files\AdminStudio\2019\Common|
|WiseScript Editor||C:\Program Files\WiseScript Package Editor\WiseScript Package Editor|
Note: For 64 bit machines, the default location will be under the (x86) Directory.
- AdminStudio 11.0 on a 64-bit machine will be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\AdminStudio\11.0\Common
- WiseScript Editor on a 64-bit machine will be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\WiseScript Package Editor\WiseScript Package Editor
3) Based on the product installed, execute the following Command:
- For AdminStudio use TPSconfig /return
- For WiseScript Editor use TSWconfig /return
Activation Server URL: activationservice.installshield.com
Note: We suggest allowing incoming and outgoing traffic to and from *.flexerasoftware.com and *.installshield.com as well as making sure that ports 80, 443 & 8443 are open.
1) Reinstall the software on the previous machine (if it has been uninstalled)
2) Open up a Command Prompt and CD to the appropriate default path.
3) Execute the following command which will generate a request code:
- For AdminStudio use TPSconfig /return /no_internet
- For WiseScript Editor use TSWconfig /return /no_internet
4) For AdminStudio 2014 and later, process the request code at our Product and License Center self-service web page.