cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pending file operations?

Please see attached error.
I used to get this all the time, but ignored it.
Now, with freshly ghosted PC,s (both host & remote) I still get it!!

I don;t get it?

thanks,
Rich
(9) Replies
just reboot before finishing your capture.
that's fine, but the message bothers me greatly: is this a "known" issue that needss to be "fixed"?

over
Its not a known issue. Make sure your following registry key does not have any values associated with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce key. May be the setup you are running requires the reboot and writes pending operation into this key. Repackager will detect this and will throw the error message
hmm, nothing there.
o wel..
thanks much!
A thought on freshly ghosted PCs. There might be some plug-and-play devices that are configured and needs a reboot to complete configurations. Just one of the possibilities.
you could look for a registry entry called PendingFileRenameOperations in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager

looeee
indeed there WAS a value there: referencing "...mime"..or some such thing.
I'll persue that! & thank you very much.
Rich
I searched this post out since currently I met the same issue when repackaging with AdminStudio 9. I guess the issue has been solved since the post was created in 2003, coud you please give me some more information on how you pursue it? Thanks a lot.
The issue is not necessarily an issue with AdminStudio’s Repackager. It actually most likely has nothing to do with the Repackager. It is probably that your image does have pending file operations.

All you should need to do is restart the PC, twice, before you do anything, meaning boot it; when finished booting down it. Boot it one more time. Then start the Repackager.

If this is an annoyance then you might think about switching to VMWare for Repackaging projects. And not repackaging on an actual PC. This will usually eliminate the issue altogether.

Once this is done any pending file operations should be complete and the Repackager should run normally.

This is common with Ghosted images. They are doing last minute configs to the PC they were Ghosted to. Things like drivers or profile modifications or even hardware modifications.

Let me know what happens if you do this.

Thank you,
Bill V.