cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keeps asking for license key

Ok so i installed AdminStudio 11.5 then noticed 11.5 sp1 was out by the updater message... so i DL it and installed.
When I launched it.. i added my license info... and went in.. all seems fine..
setup and exited..
went to launch WiseScript and it said AdminStudio needs to be opened or launched once.. so i launched it again and it asks for serial..

it wont retain the serial.. anyone know why? everytime it asks and i add it.. it says successfully registered????

oh this is on
windows 7 64bit sp1 in a vmware workstation VM
SQL Server Express 2012
(4) Replies
I have exactly the same problem. I have upgrade from AS 11.5 to AS 11.5 SP1. I have a serial number and the product was activated. regards, Rene Berge
well im gonna take a snapshot.. then revert.. and reinstall... straight sp1.. and see what happens... if still same issue.. ill go back to pre sp1 and leave it.. if that works.. :confused:
rberge wrote:
I have exactly the same problem. I have upgrade from AS 11.5 to AS 11.5 SP1. I have a serial number and the product was activated. regards, Rene Berge

Talking to my Flexera Contact.. he explained to me that you need to install the flexera software onto a physical machine (can be virtual) as it needs to be a machine that will not get wiped. Since I did this in a VM.. I was testing.. added my license then reverted.. reinstalled and tried adding the license.. you cant do that..

so he is going to get me into contact with the right people so i can put an incident in and "release" my license to reinstall it.
hope that helps someone else out there..
Hi,

I contacted Flexera support and got this instruction, and it fixed the problem:
1. Close AdminStudio
2. Locate tpsconfig.exe on the machine (the default location is: C:\Program Files\AdminStudio\11.5\Common)
3. From a command prompt, run the following command: tpsconfig.exe /return
4. Launch AdminStudio
5. If prompted, proceed with activation

I hope it helps you guys too!

-sami