cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

combining packages?

I am curious. I have a package that has software dependancies. I have repackaged all 4 programs into 4 seperate packages that install only if needed. What i really want is one package with 4 components, that install automatically if they are required. I have got this working seperately using keyfiles. all fine. I have even manually created a new component tree in the first program containing the data from package 2 using another pc and manually added everything. that even works 🙂 (i love this program) the only thing i hate is the other 2 packages, 1:=328mb and 2:=245mb. i obviously dont want to manually create the tree for these components. is there a way to export/import a project as a component of another project? if not why 😉 any help or ideas would be apprreciated.
(2) Replies
Hi,

If you right click on a component, there's an option to "Export Into..." Clicking this will allow you to export one component from this project into another project. You'll still have to associate that component with one of the other project's features, but it's still better than having to manually recreate the components. You'll probably want to export components from the smaller projects (i.e. fewer components) into the project with the most components.

Rich
Excellent many thanks 🙂 sometimes it really just pays to look harder...