cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

%WindowsVolume%\.... error

Hi All,

I have created one MSI from Legacy setup by capturing method with the help of Admin Studio tools repackagers and editors,
but while i launch the msi for installation i am getting an error for
%WindowsVolume%
any idea for this??

Thanks
Pritesh
(7) Replies
Can you post the uncompressed MSI as an attachment? Sounds like a bogus reference in the Directory table.
Thanks for the reply,

i have checked in MSI but i found there is no such reference.
and i am getting this error in other MSI also.....

Any IDEA to get solved this error ????

Thanks
Hi

pl. find herewith attached files and directory table file for further reference.

Thanks
Hm. This doesn't appear to be problematic. The entry you've highlighted seems to be a default entry in a Basic MSI project, so I think the issue lies elsewhere.

Is it at all possible to upload, or PM me a link to the uncompressed MSI? I'm certain I can locate the issue. The problem tickles a part of my memory, and I'd swear that if I saw the table entry that was the guilty party that I'd be able to resolve it.
Thanks for the reply.

Pl. find the MSI file attached with this msg.

Thanks in Advance.
DIRPROPERTY1 to DIRPROPERTY7 in Directory and Property table are the problem (ICE48 Warning). These properties in Property table should be removed, and you should author directory entries in Directory table according to the folder strucutre needed. For info on how to create proper directory entries in Directory table, please refer to Directory table.
Thanks for the kind help.....

I did and its now working fine...

Thanks a lot...