cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbatz67
Flexera beginner

Windows authentication

I am trying out AdminStudio2013 R2, and cannot get it to use automatic Windows authentication. I have set the URL for my AES server and set the default application catalog. Every time I start the either AdminStudio itself or the Application Manager directly, the authentication defaults to AdminStudio Enterprise Server User. If I change it to Windows Authentication and click Login, it successfully connects me to my catalog but the settings don't stick and the next time I start the Application Manager it goes back to trying to use AdminStudio Enterprise Server User as the authentication method. With AdminStudio 11.5, there was a check box to allow automatic authentication but this option is no longer available in 2013, or at least not anywhere that I can find. How do I get passthrough authentication to work?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Flexera Alpesh
Flexera

Re: Windows authentication

Hi Ken,

Try creating a string value named 'Enable Automatic Authentication' and set it to 1, under the registry hive --> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\InstallShield\AdminStudio\ASES.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!
kbatz67
Flexera beginner

Re: Windows authentication

Hi Alpesh,

I had to create the keys from InstallShield down, since there was no InstallShield key under WOW6432 Node. Unfortunately, this did not fix the problem.

Ken
0 Kudos