cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate Wise Package Editor

Unable to activate Wise Package Editor

(1) Solution

Sorry for the terrible title i made for this forum by the way!  Anyway, so I THINK we have it sorted, i'll leave this here for anyone who has this issue.  You are mostly right Kmantagi.

-installed Admin Studio

-installed Wise Package Editor

-opened Admin Studio, put in the WISE activation code when prompted

-opened Wise Package Editor and verified you aren’t prompted for an activation code.

-opened Admin Studio again, and this time, when prompted, you put in the Admin Studio activation code

Now you can open Admin Studio and Wise Package Editor with no issues or activation prompts

View solution in original post

(6) Replies

If you are having trouble activating the WiseScript package editor then please reach out to the technical support teams, they will be able to assist you. You can find the local contact information for technical support in the Community under Support > Contact information 

Please note that if you are using a version of WiseScript package editor that did not come with AdminStudio then you may no longer be able to active the application, as we have taken down the activation servers for the application. The notice of this can be found linked below. 

Decommissioning of InstallShield Activation Service
https://community.flexera.com/t5/AdminStudio-Blog/Decommissioning-of-InstallShield-Activation-Service/ba-p/240582

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Hi, I have reached out, thank you.  The article you posted has nothing to do with Wise, or does not mention Wise, it mentions Installshield.  We are using the latest Admin Studio and Installshield, not an old one from 2013.  But we still want to use Wise Package Editor.  I noticed Admin Studio 2022 doesn't really "come with" Wise Package Studio, that I can see.  It appeared AS 2019 did.  Anyway, there is a standalone installer for Wise Package Studio, on your website, and that one doesn't let me activate it 😞

Hi @scottdog1 -

WiseScript Package Editor was removed from inclusion with AdminStudio starting with v2022, due to its use of legacy libraries.  It's still available as a separate download from the Product and License Center for current customers that need to use it for wrapping.

More info on this change can be found in a recent post on the AdminStudio Blog here.

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

Thanks, yeah we installed the WiseScript Editor separately, but realized we actually had to use the Wise Script activation code when authorizing Admin Studio.  Now WiseScript launches fine, but Admin Studio/Installshield does not and those require an activation code that doesn't stick now.  We are temporarily going with using these products on two computers i guess, for now, waiting to hear back again from support.  BUt thank you for your reply!

The standalone Wise Script Editor must be installed on the same machine as that of AdminStudio. If you have used an activation code to activate AdminStudio then Wise Script Editor will not prompt for activation. It will pick up the activation code from AdminStudio to automatically activate. However, if you have activated AdminStudio using a license server or a license file, then there will be a need to provide the details of the same license server or supply the same license file in the activation wizard of the WiseScript Package Editor to successfully activate the tool.

Sorry for the terrible title i made for this forum by the way!  Anyway, so I THINK we have it sorted, i'll leave this here for anyone who has this issue.  You are mostly right Kmantagi.

-installed Admin Studio

-installed Wise Package Editor

-opened Admin Studio, put in the WISE activation code when prompted

-opened Wise Package Editor and verified you aren’t prompted for an activation code.

-opened Admin Studio again, and this time, when prompted, you put in the Admin Studio activation code

Now you can open Admin Studio and Wise Package Editor with no issues or activation prompts