cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TrueCrypt 7.1a Silent/unattended install

I’m looking for silent/unattended customized installation & uninstallation options/command line for TrueCrypt 7.1a. Were it can take care of Unchecking of Add TrueCrypt icon to desktop & Create System Restore point while installation

(1) Solution
bkelly
By
Flexera Alumni

A silent installation from the vendor is not supported. We are adding Truecrypt 7.1a to the Package Feed Module launching later today (August 13th) but the help provided on this particular application will be limited to download, uninstall and detection details because the vendor does not support a silent installation. Even when repackaged with AdminStudio, the deployment community is reporting this one is a particular challenge. See this thread on my old ITNinja site

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
bkelly
By
Flexera Alumni

I'm not sure about desktop shortcut and restore point options and how such might be supported by the vendor installer (typically such would be the job of a wrapper script using something like PSADT, which is integrated as a feature of AdminStudio). 

It does appear to offer a portable mode that requires no installation so a custom installation script looks like the right approach at a glance. Will look into it further and come back with findings here. 

bkelly
By
Flexera Alumni

A silent installation from the vendor is not supported. We are adding Truecrypt 7.1a to the Package Feed Module launching later today (August 13th) but the help provided on this particular application will be limited to download, uninstall and detection details because the vendor does not support a silent installation. Even when repackaged with AdminStudio, the deployment community is reporting this one is a particular challenge. See this thread on my old ITNinja site

FYI, we did add Truecrypt (and VeraCrypt) to the Package Feed Module (you can look it up in the filterable list here) but unfortunately the vendor does not provide silent command line options.