cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transform creation issue:CorelDraw 10

Has anyone had any success trying to create a transform for Corel Draw 10? Whenever I try to create a response transform, it bombs at the end with the following windows:

Installation not complete. Failed to create transform.

and

No MSI database is currently opened

I ran the full msi validation on the Draw msi and it turned up with quite a few errors and warnings. Thus, this result will most likely explain why it's not working, but I thought I would check...

Thanks,
-Eric
(16) Replies
Forgot to include that I am using AdminStudio 3.5STD with vp1 and vp2.

-Eric
I tried this with CorelDraw 9.0, and wasn't able to recreate it. What kind of validation errors were you getting when you checked the MSI? If an error exists which prevents installation with the MSI alone, you'll encounter that same error when you attempt to create a response transform (since you're going through the same setup process). Once the error is resolved (that is, the setup can complete successfully), you'll be able to create the response transform.
Hi Nan,

I am attaching file with the errors and warnings from the validation process. The msi actually works fine for installation (in spite of all the validation complaints).

Thanks,
-Eric
Your setup may not be completing properly because Windows Installer cannot resolve the filenames listed in the file you attached.

ICE03 validates the data types and foreign keys. "Invalid file name" indicates a problem with the Filename data type.

Something you might want to look into: Windows Installer assumes short file name syntax. Check to see if short file names are being provided in your MSI for the files which return ICE03 errors. To include a short file name with a long file name, separate it from the long file name with a vertical bar (|). For example, "projec~1.txt|Project Status.txt" is a valid string containing both the short and long filenames.
Hi Nan,

I just checked the File table and there are no short filenames associated with any of the long filenames. Looks like if I want to rectify that problem with that many items, I would need to export the table and modify it with a script. Ugh.

Thank you for your help.
-Eric
I'm getting the exact same error trying to create a response transform for Hummingbird Exceed v8. First I get "Unspecified Error" then "No MSI Database is Currently Opened". The MST is of course never created.
When Tuner creates a response transform, it runs your Windows Installer-based setup and captures your configurations. The Windows Installer setup is run from your MSI "as is" - it may not complete successfully.

If the setup does not complete successfully, you may not be able to create a response transform until you need to determine why the setup failed. If the problem is with the MSI file, you may be able to determine what it is by running validation on the MSI and evaluating the results. Once you correct the setup failure, Tuner can create a response transform.

You can create a transform (not a response transform) for your MSI at any time - this type of transform is not dependent on the success or failure of the Windows Installer setup.

If you're having trouble putting your finger on the problem, e-mail me at nank@installshield.com, so that we can take a look at your MSI package.
Based on the issues, I understand that you are trying to create a response transform for a legacy setup repackaged into an MSI package. Correct me if I am wrong.

MSi's produced by the repackager will have very minimal entries in the InstallUISequence.

When Tuner creates a response transform, tuner runs through the UI Sequence of the MSI package. In 3.5, Tuner had a bug that when there are minimal entries in the UI Sequence, it was displaying the error message you are seeing right now and this issue has been fixed in AS 5.0.

As a rule of thumb, I would recommend that for repackaged MSI's, create a blank transform first and after making changes in the Tuner IDE, save the transform.

For MSi's received from the vendors, create a response transform.
I'm having the same problem with CorelDraw 10

ie Installation not complete. Failed to create transform.
and

Was there an answer to this??

Cheers

http://www.evernet.uk.com
2 years later and i've come across this exact error with ScanSoft's OmniPage Pro 14.0.. I can't seem to create a Response Transform.. exact same error as above..

Installation not complete. Failed to create transform.
and

I'm using Tuner 6.1 (InstallShield 10.5) ..

Any idears?
I came here looking for answers and I find only frustration! Precisely the problem described above happens when I try to create a response transform for ScanSoft PaperPort 10.

No, I am not dealing with a repackaged application, and from the sound of things, neither is anyone else who has reported this problem. I'm using a commercially distributed MSI package from ScanSoft. The wizard launches the MSI, which prompts me for user information and a serial number. When I enter that information, it says the installation did not complete and the response transform was not created.

The same MSI runs to completion and works as intended when launched independently.

I'm disappointed that InstallShield has apparently chosen to ignore this problem for two years. It should have been fixed by the time AdminStudio v6 came out. 😞
I am also getting the same problem when trying to create a response transform for IBM Rational Suite Enterprise.
I tried to submit an incident report on-line. The old InstallShield support site is gone, replaced by Macrovision's equivalent. My old password didn't work there, and it told me I'd have to create a new one if I hadn't used that site before. So I tried to create the new logon, but I couldn't -- it said my e-mail address was already registered. So I checked the box asking them to e-mail me my password. Instead of my existing password, they created a new password for me and e-mailed it to me. That one didn't work either. So I can't use the product, and I can't get support either with my bronze support plan (on-line incident reports only). I'm livid!!! :mad:
clayruth, for your problem with eService, please refer to this ongoing thread and get a hold of Joshua. He may be able to help you with your problem with eService.
Thanks for the link. I'll be in touch with Joshua. 🙂
Just to echo everyone else on this thread... I'm having the same issue with trying to create a response transform for a vendor supplied MSI (The Food Processor SQL). This install uses InstallScript along with the MSI (Not sure if that complicates it further or not). I'm going to attempt an eService request and see if it gets me anywhere.

ahh... remember the days when installing an app meant just double clicking on the setup.exe and whalah! :eek: