cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PackageFeed Module

I downloaded and imported the Don Ho Notepad ++ 7.8 version using the PackageFeed Module.  Noticed it didn't bring in the uninstall, assuming because it's not an MSI.  However, when you go to add the uninstall string -  "C:\Program Files\Notepad++\uninstall.exe" /S" it states that it isn't a valid command line.  

Is there a reason why it won't let you edit this field?

(7) Replies

Noticed this again when I imported a .exe installer.  Tried to add the uninstall line which is a "msiexec.exe" command and it says invalid.  See attached image.

It appears you have discovered a bug in that this field is not properly handing some special characters. Specifically here, the plus symbol and curly braces. This is obviously a big problem and the team is working to address it now. Thank you for highlighting this (although it is embarrassing that you found it before we did). 

Thanks for the reply...good to know I wasn't going crazy...haha

Hello,

I came across same issue.  When do you think the fix will be available?  And i suppose this will require some update from the Admin Console?

Thank you.

We’ll have this addressed in our next release which is tentatively scheduled for the end of this month (November 2019; a minor release focused on ConfigMan and MSIX enhancements).

Was there a fix created for this?

We’ll have this addressed in our next release which is tentatively scheduled for the end of this month (November 2019; a minor release focused on ConfigMan and MSIX enhancements).