cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Feed Module Setup

Hi... I'm trying to setup Package Feed Module on a Windows server. I have installed and activated AdminStudio 2022 and Package Feed Module, setup pre-requisite applications, created Application Catalog, etc.

Right out of the box I know it will not work since the server is behind a secured network (I'm a Desktop Engineer in a financial institution). I search for the network requirements and found that I need to whitelist  https://dl.csi7.secunia.com/ over Port 443. Also, worked with our network engineers to ensure that any request is NOT getting blocked.

To no avail, whenever I tried to import using Package Feed Module the list of applications is NOT getting populated.

Are there any other requirements I need to configure to get this working?
Do you have a technical documentation on how to setup Package Feed Module on a secured environment?

Thanks in advance.

(1) Solution

Hi @normanperez -

Do you have an Application Catalog set up? AdminStudio downloads a local copy of the current Package Feed Module contents to your local Application Catalog to facilitate a faster search on Import from Package Feed option on the Home tab or when performing a match up with your list of applications on the Backlog tab. This list gets updated as searches are performed.

When you say that the list of applications is not getting populated, are both of the above processes not working for you?

You've whitelisted the correct URL and port for Package Feed Module to reach back to Flexera for the latest contents, so the allowed network connection should enable the data to be downloaded.  The first connection can take a minute or so to perform that first download of the list of application names but it should be a quick update after that has been done.

Also, you said you have activated AdminStudio and the Package Feed Module; just confirming that you're aware that each have their own activation code and both need to be applied in order for the Package Feed Module to work properly.  More info on activating the Package Feed Module after AdminStudio can be found here.

I would attempt to import a single package using the Import from Package Feed cited above and perform a search for a package (Chrome, Firefox, etc.) and confirm you're receiving a list of applications returned with that search.

(Note all links above are for the current version of AdminStudio at the time of this posting.)
Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

Hi @normanperez -

Do you have an Application Catalog set up? AdminStudio downloads a local copy of the current Package Feed Module contents to your local Application Catalog to facilitate a faster search on Import from Package Feed option on the Home tab or when performing a match up with your list of applications on the Backlog tab. This list gets updated as searches are performed.

When you say that the list of applications is not getting populated, are both of the above processes not working for you?

You've whitelisted the correct URL and port for Package Feed Module to reach back to Flexera for the latest contents, so the allowed network connection should enable the data to be downloaded.  The first connection can take a minute or so to perform that first download of the list of application names but it should be a quick update after that has been done.

Also, you said you have activated AdminStudio and the Package Feed Module; just confirming that you're aware that each have their own activation code and both need to be applied in order for the Package Feed Module to work properly.  More info on activating the Package Feed Module after AdminStudio can be found here.

I would attempt to import a single package using the Import from Package Feed cited above and perform a search for a package (Chrome, Firefox, etc.) and confirm you're receiving a list of applications returned with that search.

(Note all links above are for the current version of AdminStudio at the time of this posting.)
Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

@moconn - thank you so much for your response.

Yes, I do have an Application Catalog Setup. However I haven't imported any local packages/apps in it as I'm testing import from Package Feed Module.

Yes, both Import from Package Feed option or when performing a match up with your list of applications on the Backlog tab

above both are not working for me. Pleas see screenshot named BlankPackageFeedModule.png (even leaving it for 30mins it will not populate).

Yes, I confirmed that I'm aware... Each (AdminStudio and the Package Feed Module) have their own activation code and both need to be applied in order for the Package Feed Module to work properly. I have successfully activated them both.

I'll have another session with our network engineer today to double check (for the second time) if there's any firewall issue(s), etc. Then I'll update this thread.

This issue is now resolved. We had identified that there's another firewall blocking the URL. After whitelisting is properly we are now able to query and download/import from Package Feed Module.

Great to hear, @normanperez!  Thanks for the update.