cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Package Feed Module - PostgreSQL ODBC (x64) v13.02.0000 source binaries

Hi Team,

I tried to download "PostgreSQL ODBC (x64) v13.02.0000" however its in ZIP format, I have to unzip it to get the MSI. Is there a reason why its ZIP and not as simple extracted MSI?

I asked because I'm automating it and I need a direct download in MSI format. Having it on  a zip file means I have to manually extract it. Please advise. Thanks.

Cheers,

Man

(1) Solution
bkelly
By
Flexera Alumni

Unfortunately, this is how the vendor chose to provide the setup, which is not unusual. Sometimes MSI packages are provided in self-extracting executables too. In this case, the zip file delivery ensures their README document is available alongside the MSI setup. I'm afraid we do not have any current plans to manipulate the packages vendors provide, as there are varying degrees of risk to doing so.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
bkelly
By
Flexera Alumni

Unfortunately, this is how the vendor chose to provide the setup, which is not unusual. Sometimes MSI packages are provided in self-extracting executables too. In this case, the zip file delivery ensures their README document is available alongside the MSI setup. I'm afraid we do not have any current plans to manipulate the packages vendors provide, as there are varying degrees of risk to doing so.

cool... thanks for the clarification. I'll handle the extraction via script. šŸ™‚