cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Feed Module - Customization

Hi,

In our environment we are following standards to properly monitor and manage all applications across multiple regions (globally).

I know this may sound simple as these are just naming conventions. However we uses them for Package folder name and folder structure, SCCM deployment, SCCM Collections, etc.

I have configured Package Feed Module to download package in a folder with this format [Vendor]\[Vendor]_[ProductName]_[Version] and it worked.

My concern is that Vendor name and Product name contains spaces. How can remove the spaces?

Related to the above, I would like to manage the application Catalog by Vendor Name. Is there a way in Package Feed Module to place the imported application in their respective group (Vendor Name)- if exist places it in the group else NOT create a new group named after Vendor Name?

Thanks so much in advance.

(1) Solution

Hi @normanperez -

The naming convention for applications from the Package Feed Module can have spaces in the Product Name and/or Vendor Name. There is not a way today to remove spaces from the name as it appears in the Application Catalog and when it is published to the supported distribution systems that support spaces.  This could be something we add as a product enhancement. Feel free to post this in the AdminStudio Ideas page here.

As for the Application Catalog group (folder) naming, if a group with a Vendor name already exists, any new applications imported will be imported into that existing group. If a Group with the Vendor name does not yet exist, it will be created for a new application for that Vendor. Let me know if you have further questions on this point.

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

Hi @normanperez -

The naming convention for applications from the Package Feed Module can have spaces in the Product Name and/or Vendor Name. There is not a way today to remove spaces from the name as it appears in the Application Catalog and when it is published to the supported distribution systems that support spaces.  This could be something we add as a product enhancement. Feel free to post this in the AdminStudio Ideas page here.

As for the Application Catalog group (folder) naming, if a group with a Vendor name already exists, any new applications imported will be imported into that existing group. If a Group with the Vendor name does not yet exist, it will be created for a new application for that Vendor. Let me know if you have further questions on this point.

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!