cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maybe I Am Missing Why Repackager Doesn't Suck?

So, I have a new AdminStudio Repackager project. I can see a visual list of everything being installed. So, I select to create a setup capture report. If I do HTML, I get this:

<!--FormatDetailLine (indent=Yes, excluded=No)-->
<tr><td widthഽऀ㰀℀ⴀⴀ䘀漀爀洀愀琀䐀攀琀愀椀氀䰀椀渀攀 ⠀椀渀搀攀渀琀㴀夀攀猀Ⰰ 攀砀挀氀甀搀攀搀㴀一漀⤀ⴀⴀ㸀ഀ਀ऀ㰀琀爀㸀㰀琀搀 眀椀搀琀栀㴀∀㔀ഀऀ㰀℀ⴀⴀ䘀漀爀洀愀琀䐀攀琀愀椀氀䰀椀渀攀 ⠀椀渀搀攀渀琀㴀夀攀猀Ⰰ 攀砀挀氀甀搀攀搀㴀一漀⤀ⴀⴀ㸀ഀ਀ऀ㰀琀爀㸀㰀琀搀 眀椀搀琀栀㴀

And if I do text, I don't get UTF-8 encoded text, I get ANSI encoded text that LOOKS like UTF-8, and drops the ends of every single line. So, even after I replace the thousands and thousands of null values in the file, I don't get all of the information I need, I get useless **bleep** like this:

[WindowsFolder]Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\ Newtonsof

[WindowsFolder]Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_ Quart

And don't blame my null value replacement, it was originally **bleep**:

[ W i n d o w s F o l d e r ] M i c r o s o f t . N e t \ a s s e m b l y \ G A C _ M S I L \ N e w t o n s o f

I can't even attach the original text file, because this system says the content doesn't match the extension. So, WTF??

(2) Replies

Yikes - this certainly is not the experience as designed. Our Product Manager and team are reviewing and will respond shortly. 

If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.

Apologies again for the issues. I'm hoping to also pull our Support Team in to help you and will want to pull your organization information to help them troubleshoot. I'll reach out via private message to get these additional details and get this process started.  

If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.