cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing *.inc files into Developer

Is it possible to import *.inc files directly into Developer instead of having the repackager create my *.ism for me?

(5) Replies
You can open the inc file directly in Developer.

Regards
Rajesh Tammana
InstallShield Software Corporation
Yes you can open the INC file directly in Developer.

Use the File Open menu and Choose "Repackager Output File" as the file type. Now you will be able to open the INC file in Developer.
Alaks,

See the attached screen shot. This is what I get every time I try to open an *.inc with Developer. I'd prefer not to use the Repackager to create the *.ism.

This is the error that's stated in the screen shot: "Conversions of this file type are only supported in the Repackager. Click OK to launch the Repackager now."

Let me know if there is any way to hack the file associations or if there is another way around this.

Thanks!
I have also faced exactly the same problem when I tried to open the .inc file in Developer. Can anybody provide us with a solution or clue about what may have lead to this behavior...
jup, me too. also I am getting this REALLY ANNOYING message about unsupported language again since I upgraded to 5. Once again all german, OS, base language of AS5, Everything. I check the Template, set to german, I check the INC file, set to german..I run the repackager wizard and create the ISM using the german template on a german installed OS with a german base of AS5 and voila..when I open it in my developer with also a base install of German default language..invalid language..honestly, what is the point in paying out 600 euro for a western language pack if I still have to hack all the files to get it to work????