cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISLC.EXE - Repackager

By
Not applicable
Just installed upgrade, now using AdminStudio2013. Previous used AS 2010, and one of largest uses was to run ISLC.exe from a remote machine to capture installation information. Following same process from remote machine run ISLC.exe on my machine (where AS 2013 installed). But get message that "AdminUIFramework9.dll" is missing. Indeed, that file is not in the Repackager folder on my machine ("AdminUIFramework.dll" is). I did manage to find it in the Common folder under main 2013 folder; copied to Repackager folder and tried again. Then got message about mfc100.dll missing.

Some googling came up with an article leading ot running the setup.exe in the "Remote Repackager" folder under Repackager, with references back to my machine for Shared and Repackager sources. Seemed to install repackager on other machine. OK, but still got same error messages.

Are we missing something? Is there something more to do to do remote repackaging? It used to be so easy....
(26) Replies
Ive installed 2013. Trying to setup remote repacking. Installed the vc redist and mapped both the shared and the programfolder. Then I ran the setup.exe in the remote repackager folder and it installs fine. When I then try to start I get the adminuiframework9.dll error message. Ive also set the islc.exe in the registry. Doesnt help.

Where to go from here?
Gnawl1971 wrote:
Ive installed 2013. Trying to setup remote repacking. Installed the vc redist and mapped both the shared and the programfolder. Then I ran the setup.exe in the remote repackager folder and it installs fine. When I then try to start I get the adminuiframework9.dll error message. Ive also set the islc.exe in the registry. Doesnt help.

Is your AdminStudio Client Tools machine running an activated copy of AdminStudio 2013? The eval does not support using Remote Repackager.
Evan Border wrote:
Is your AdminStudio Client Tools machine running an activated copy of AdminStudio 2013? The eval does not support using Remote Repackager.

Yes, its activated.
Download the zipfile and extract the contents into the repackager folder.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28991063/Remote%20Repackager%20Fix.zip

hope this helps...
jaybee96 wrote:
Download the zipfile and extract the contents into the repackager folder.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28991063/Remote%20Repackager%20Fix.zip

hope this helps...

I copied in the two admin dlls and then the repackager started 🙂

Thanks
(In case this helps anyone else)

I had a support case open with Flexera regarding this.

The workaround that worked for me was to set the "Start in" parameter for the shortcut to the Remote Repackager on my clean VM to the common folder from my AdminStudio PC.
I used the UNC path (and configured appropriate share/NTFS permissions on the folder)
"\\\c$\Program Files (x86)\AdminStudio\2013\Common" (for example)

This stopped the error for me.