cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Chrome Packaging

I'm very new to packaging and need some help!!! 😄

I have been working on trying to package Google Chrome for about 2 weeks now. I have tried using the Tuner to try and create a transformer but my settings which are real basic will not perform when testing.

I've even tried using repackager and I was not able to accomplish what I wanted either.

Here is what I'm trying to do

Install Google Chrome
Have 2 bookmarks only with one being the home page
Support Single Sign On
Have the bookmark toolbar always show.

G
(4) Replies
Hi There,

I have not done too much packaging Chrome, but am of the belief that if you do a Snapshot repackage, you should accomplish what you're looking for.

Single sign-on might be another story, though. I'm not sure that that will work with Chrome period, being more of an IE thing.

Can you detail the steps you're currently taking in trying to get this to work?
I have some sort of problems regarding Google Chrome packaging. I encountered some delays actually.

Share some tips regarding Google Chrome Thanks 😉
To deploy Chrome, you will want to download the business msi and not the web installer. I have been able to transform this msi and deploy successfully for several clients.

I also agree that there is most likely never going to be single sign on capabilities with Chrome.

http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/business/chromebrowser.html
AppPackagers wrote:
To deploy Chrome, you will want to download the business msi and not the web installer. I have been able to transform this msi and deploy successfully for several clients.

I also agree that there is most likely never going to be single sign on capabilities with Chrome.

http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/business/chromebrowser.html

I will amend my statement regarding Single Signon a little bit. The ability to do SSO via Windows Credentials is an IE thing, but Chrome is a great candidate for Certificate based SSO solutions since it pulls from the Windows Certificate store instead of a file-based cert store like Mozilla/Netscape.