cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Build Catalog task was not successfully installed. A required process for task failed

Hi,
While creating application catalog for first time (First launch) getting below error
Build Catalog task was not successfully installed. A required process for task failed.
ERROR unable to create the application catalog."

Configarations :
OS1 - 2008 R2 Server + SQL 2008R2
OS2 - Adminstudio 2013
OS3 - Above machines are connected (can be pinged) by domain xxxx.com

Awaiting for solution
Regards
Umesh
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Evan_Border
Pilgrim

Re: Build Catalog task was not successfully installed. A required process for task failed

Our evaluation of AdminStudio will only allow the database to be named "AdminStudio Evaluation Catalog". You must activate AdminStudio in order to choose a different name for your database. The error message says that your SQL Server already has a database named "AdminStudio Evaluation Catalog" and it therefore cannot create a database named "AdminStudio Evaluation Catalog".

You need to either delete or rename the existing database. Or you could activate your copy of AdminStudio, which would let you choose a different name for the database.
0 Kudos

Error - Database is unable to open

Thanks for feedback Evan,
I'm Using trial version of 2013. As suggested i have dropped database from SQL and tried to reinstall however i ogt error - "unable to open database" (Attached screenshot).

What could be the reason ?

Thanks & Regards
Umesh
0 Kudos
Flexera Alpesh
Flexera

Re: Build Catalog task was not successfully installed. A required process for task failed

Hi,

Make sure that you have SP1 for Win 2008 R2 installed. If not, please install it and then try to create the catalog again.

Thanks!
0 Kudos

SP1 installed - still error comes up

Alpesh wrote:
Hi,

Make sure that you have SP1 for Win 2008 R2 installed. If not, please install it and then try to create the catalog again.

Thanks!

SP1 installed - still error comes up. It's related to database and security it seems.

Regards
Umesh
0 Kudos