cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Application Converter - Won't Connect to Hyper-V Server

I am trying to setup some new VMs within the AAC in AdminStudio 2013 Enterprise. It does not want to connect to the Hyper-V server that houses the VMs I want to use. It continually states it cannot connect, even though the server is up, my credentials are good and there are no connectivity issues from this same client using the native Hyper-V Manager tools.

Also, this same step of connecting to the same Hyper-V server works fine in v11.5 - just not the newer 2013 (v12.0)

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

-Jeff
(11) Replies
Alpesh
By
Flexera Alumni
Hi Jeff,

This appears to be a breakage from previous release. I have reported the bug to the Engineering team. The WO# for this issue is IOA-000082582.

Thanks!
Alpesh
By
Flexera Alumni
Hi Jeff,

Looks like a new build of AS 2013 was released last week (main purpose of the new release is to enable the borrowing licensing feature). When I tested the AAC connection to Hyper-V 2012 using these new bits, it did work successfully for me. Hence, I will suggest you to download the latest AS 2013 bits from your Product and License center account and install this.

Thanks!
Hi Alpesh,

I downloaded and installed what appears to be AdminStudio 2013 SP1. This does indeed fix the connectivity issues I was experiencing with the AAC trying to talk to a Hyper-V server being hosted on a 2012 Server.

Thank you for the follow-up on this problem.

Regards,

Jeff LiCausi
licausi wrote:
Hi Alpesh,

I downloaded and installed what appears to be AdminStudio 2013 SP1. This does indeed fix the connectivity issues I was experiencing with the AAC trying to talk to a Hyper-V server being hosted on a 2012 Server.

Thank you for the follow-up on this problem.

Regards,

Jeff LiCausi

Hi, I am having the same problem.

My Hyper V Server is on a Windows 8 PC and I can't connect to it from my Admin Studio Server.

Do I have to do anything special to allow access to the Hyper V Server?

I've checked my version of Admin Studio and it says 2013 Enterprise Version 12.0.

Please help.

Thanks
We are using a Hyper-V server hosted off of Server 2012 DataCenter. The newer AdminStudio 2013 SP1 may fix your Windows 8 connectivity issues as well.

I had to go into the license portal and download the latest available media, they literally updated it like 2 or 3 days ago. Unfortunately they don't label when it was last updated in the portal and they also failed to update any of the version #'s on the products themselves. Everything is still labeled 12.0 everywhere, even on the updated AAC itself. I saw a glimpse of the syntax AdminStudio 2013 SP1 flash by during the actual install of the new media to a fresh machine.
I downloaded my media about a month ago.

I'll have to login and see if I can get the latest version to see if that makes any difference.

I'm hoping it does because I can't see any options in Hyper V to open up any remote connectivity. 😞
Alpesh
By
Flexera Alumni
Yes, please download the latest AdminStudio setup from the Product and License Center and try it. And it is not AS 2013 - SP1.

Thanks!
Hi, that still didn't work and I might be doing something wrong.

The HYP-V Server is on a workstation of mine that is not on the domain and the machine is called Antec.

I'm trying to connect to it from my AppStudio Server that is on the domain.

I am using the following details to connect.

Server: Antec
Authentication: Server Authentication
User name: pc_user
Password: mypassword

But I keep getting the message - Could not connect to Hyper-V Server with the provided credentials. Please verify the server address and credentials are correct.

How can I test this?

Thanks
Alpesh
By
Flexera Alumni
Hi,

Are you able to connect to the Hyper-V Server/VMs, using the Hyper-V Manager from the AS machine?

Thanks!
Alpesh wrote:
Hi,

Are you able to connect to the Hyper-V Server/VMs, using the Hyper-V Manager from the AS machine?

Thanks!

Hi the Hyper V Server is not on my AS Server.

The AS Server is on my domain and the Hyper V Server is on a workgroup PC that's running Windows 8.
Alpesh
By
Flexera Alumni
Hi,

I meant try connecting to the Hyper-V server/VMs from the machine where you have AS installed, using the Hyper-V client. Check if this is working for you.

Thanks!