cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Manager fails to update database

I installed AdminStudio 2019 cleanly on a new Windows 10 computer.  I had previously been running AdminStudio 2016 on a Windows 7 computer.

My database team moved the old Application Manager database from an old 2008 R2 server running SQL Server 2008 R2 to a new Server 2016 server running SQL 2017.

When I launch Application Manager, it tells me it needs to update the database and I say 'go forth and upgrade" (i.e. I click Yes when it asks me if I want to upgrade now).

It says "Upgrading to Target Application Catalog 'server/instance name'"

Then "Upgrading existing schema of Target Application catalog 'server/instance name'"

Then "AdminStudio Application Catalog upgrade failed".

At this point it is locked up and I have to kill the app through Task Manager.

Please advise how to troubleshoot what is causing the upgrade to fail.

Thanks in advance.

(2) Replies

This would need to be looked into. Please report a support case with all the details for our team to look further into this issue. Please navigate to 'Get Support' >> 'Open New Case' to report a new support case.

I have seen another post by you regarding the upgrade issue:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/AdminStudio-Forum/Upgrade-to-2019-failing/m-p/109265#M8901

If both of these upgrade issues are concerning the same database, then I would suggest you mention about this issue in the support case when you report it.

Thanks

The old case is not really that important since I have now installed the software cleanly on a new computer.  I will most likely not update the old version on the old computer.

Thank you for your response.