cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio115Sp1 command line options

Is there a way to run the AdminStudio115sp1.exe installation with command line options for the Product Key and for the AdminStudio Shared location.

I would prefer to run the single install, and not have to extract all the installations, and have to write custom installation.

Thank you.
(5) Replies
Pegasusrjf wrote:
Is there a way to run the AdminStudio115sp1.exe installation with command line options for the Product Key and for the AdminStudio Shared location.

I would prefer to run the single install, and not have to extract all the installations, and have to write custom installation.

Product Key: Yes. Shared location: No.

AdminStudio.exe /silent PRODUCTID=xxxxxxx-xxx-xxxxxxxxxx

I have not been able to find a way to set the INSTALLDIR_SHARED property using the "Suite Installer" for AdminStudio 11.5 / 11.5 SP1.

In cases where that was needed (and where it was determined that doing a reg hack post-install to set a different shared folder location was unacceptable), I have been forced to extract the internal installations from the Suite Installer and tackle the customizations in the more traditional way using a Windows Installer transform.

You can extract the internal installations from the Suite Installer by using the following command:
AdminStudio.exe /stage_only

This will cause a dialog to come up asking you for the folder to dump the extracted internal installs. You can then go about transforming/silent command-switching those installs in the same way that you did with AdminStudio 11.0 and 10.0.

-Evan
Evan Border wrote:
Product Key: Yes. Shared location: No.

AdminStudio.exe /silent PRODUCTID=xxxxxxx-xxx-xxxxxxxxxx

I have not been able to find a way to set the INSTALLDIR_SHARED property using the "Suite Installer" for AdminStudio 11.5 / 11.5 SP1.

In cases where that was needed (and where it was determined that doing a reg hack post-install to set a different shared folder location was unacceptable), I have been forced to extract the internal installations from the Suite Installer and tackle the customizations in the more traditional way using a Windows Installer transform.

You can extract the internal installations from the Suite Installer by using the following command:
AdminStudio.exe /stage_only

This will cause a dialog to come up asking you for the folder to dump the extracted internal installs. You can then go about transforming/silent command-switching those installs in the same way that you did with AdminStudio 11.0 and 10.0.

-Evan


Thank you for your reply. I have tried to PRODCUTID being set and also included the ASACTSTATUS=1 and the product is still not activating during install.

I was able to get the ShareLocation set during install by passing the value to a property that your overall setup program is using. Surprisingly it took it and that worked.

I am at the point where I run the install (which sets the shared location durign install), then I manually run tpsconfig, then I modify one registry key to set automatic authenticationi so there is no prompt to choose the application catalog.
Pegasusrjf wrote:
Thank you for your reply. I have tried to PRODCUTID being set and also included the ASACTSTATUS=1 and the product is still not activating during install.

You should not need ASACTSTATUS=1 when using the Suite installer. You do need 3 ports open on your firewall: 80, 443, 8443

Pegasusrjf wrote:
I was able to get the ShareLocation set during install by passing the value to a property that your overall setup program is using. Surprisingly it took it and that worked.

Was this using the Suite installer? I have not had success in doing that. What was the specific step you took to perform this? (If you staged the Suite first and did it to the extracted AdminStudio install, then nevermind...that's how I've been going about it.)

Pegasusrjf wrote:
I am at the point where I run the install (which sets the shared location durign install), then I manually run tpsconfig, then I modify one registry key to set automatic authenticationi so there is no prompt to choose the application catalog.

Can you be a little more detailed? I'm not following...are you doing all of this against the 551 MB Suite installer? Or did you use the /Stage_Only command and use the internal installs?
Evan Border wrote:
You should not need ASACTSTATUS=1 when using the Suite installer. You do need 3 ports open on your firewall: 80, 443, 8443

I tried with and without the ASACTSTATUS, and the Firewall ports are opened. The PRODUCTID is getting populated and shows up in the MSI log, but activation doesn't work. I am OK at this point as my workaround of running tpsconfig after is working fine.

Evan Border wrote:

Was this using the Suite installer? I have not had success in doing that. What was the specific step you took to perform this? (If you staged the Suite first and did it to the extracted AdminStudio install, then nevermind...that's how I've been going about it.)

Can you be a little more detailed? I'm not following...are you doing all of this against the 551 MB Suite installer? Or did you use the /Stage_Only command and use the internal installs?


I did not do a /Stage_only, I am running it against the entire suite installer package.

here is the command line I used:

AdminStudio115SP1.exe /silent SharedInstallDir=C:\temp.

C:\temp should be replaced with your shared location.

NOTE: You need to have write access to the shared folder, but the individual files (adminstudio.ini, etc.) should be set to read only otherwise the installer replaces them with the default files from the installer.

I found this by looking at the .iss script file for the suite installer that is in the %temp% directory during the installation.
I looked into what properties can be passed to the AdminStudio 11.5 SP1 Suite:

ISInstallDir = the INSTALLDIR folder used by AdminStudio (despite the name, this will not impact the INSTALLDIR used by InstallShield 2012 Spring SP1)

SharedInstallDir = As pointed out by Pegasusrjf, this is the location of your "AdminStudio Shared" folder. This sets the INSTALLDIR_SHARED property for the AdminStudio .MSI.

PRODUCTID = The serial number for AdminStudio. This sets the PRODUCTID property for the AdminStudio .MSI.

Those appear to be the only properties that can be passed through the Suite installer. If you need to customize other properties (or other aspects of the AdminSutio .MSI, such as customizing the Registry table, IniFile table, turning off the AdminStudio Shared folder components, etc) you will need to use the /Stage_Only command to extract the installs from the Suite and create a transform file.