cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Service Account For SCCM

sanderson
By Level 2 Flexeran
Level 2 Flexeran

Can you provide/Confirm any requirements re: the AdminStudio Service account.  I have found the following online suggesting the account will require Application Administrator Role in SCCM.

sanderson_0-1580146830680.png

(1) Solution

If you want AdminStudio to connect to and publish anything into SCCM, then AdminStudio needs to have access to at least one user account that has the right permissions in SCCM. AdminStudio supports two methods to authenticate with AdminStudio

1. Windows Authentication
    • The IT user running AdminStudio connects with their own Windows user account to SCCM
  2. Server Authentication
    • They use an existing or set up a new service account and share the credentials out among the IT users

In either user case above, the account provided to AdminStudio will need the Application Administrator Role assignment in SCCM.

Both authentication methods mentioned above are discussed as part of the help article Creating a New Distribution System Connection found in the AdminStudio 2019 R2 help here: https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/adminstudio2019r2sp1/adminstudio.htm#helplibrary/AMDistSettings_New.htm

(AdminStudio version and related help is current as of this posting. Please checkout the documentation for the latest version via the links found in the Community > AdminStudio main page)

Thanks @sanderson for posting this!

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

If you want AdminStudio to connect to and publish anything into SCCM, then AdminStudio needs to have access to at least one user account that has the right permissions in SCCM. AdminStudio supports two methods to authenticate with AdminStudio

1. Windows Authentication
    • The IT user running AdminStudio connects with their own Windows user account to SCCM
  2. Server Authentication
    • They use an existing or set up a new service account and share the credentials out among the IT users

In either user case above, the account provided to AdminStudio will need the Application Administrator Role assignment in SCCM.

Both authentication methods mentioned above are discussed as part of the help article Creating a New Distribution System Connection found in the AdminStudio 2019 R2 help here: https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/adminstudio2019r2sp1/adminstudio.htm#helplibrary/AMDistSettings_New.htm

(AdminStudio version and related help is current as of this posting. Please checkout the documentation for the latest version via the links found in the Community > AdminStudio main page)

Thanks @sanderson for posting this!

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!