cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio OS Snapshot Wizard

Hi,

Having issues taking an OS Snapshot using the latest version, tried using it remotely and locally installed using standalonerepackager installer. I am using a clean vm Win 10 1909 build.

Can start the process but after running for a while I am getting the Out of Memory error consistently.

Any ideas of what to check or where there may be some log files to check for a cause?

Thanks

(1) Solution

Hello @shayn_parker -

Thanks for the post. Unfortunately, this is a known issue with the OS Snapshot Wizards that of which our Development team is aware; we're tracking it under Issues IOJ-1831138 and IOJ-2209296. This issue is planned to be addressed in a future release of AdminStudio.

For now, may I ask for what you are looking to use the OS Snapshot Wizard? If you're looking to performing application compatibility testing against Windows 10, we have built-in compatibility rules that don't require the creation of an OS Snapshot.  More info on this testing can be found here (AdminStudio 2021 is the current release as of this posting).

Please let us know if there is a specific use case you're looking for AdminStudio for which to provide a solution and if there is any further guidance we can provide for you here.

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Hello @shayn_parker -

Thanks for the post. Unfortunately, this is a known issue with the OS Snapshot Wizards that of which our Development team is aware; we're tracking it under Issues IOJ-1831138 and IOJ-2209296. This issue is planned to be addressed in a future release of AdminStudio.

For now, may I ask for what you are looking to use the OS Snapshot Wizard? If you're looking to performing application compatibility testing against Windows 10, we have built-in compatibility rules that don't require the creation of an OS Snapshot.  More info on this testing can be found here (AdminStudio 2021 is the current release as of this posting).

Please let us know if there is a specific use case you're looking for AdminStudio for which to provide a solution and if there is any further guidance we can provide for you here.

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

Hi Moconn,

Thanks for your reply, that does explain the issue.

It was simply to import into the App Catalog for compatibility testing but best practice mentions using a clean machine to snapshot and as AdminStudio already provides Win 10 builds for this purpose its not an issue for me as I can use that instead but I wanted to test out the tool really so will wait for the fix but it won't prevent me doing the testing in the meantime.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the update. Sorry for the confusion and with experiencing this issue, but glad to know you can proceed with your testing.